Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spotlight on Serene Sensations

I was so thrilled when MODA CEO Jujudoll Dancer announced that Serene Sensations was the featured design fashion house for the MODA Spotlight of March 17th. Soraya Blachere opened her boutique Serene Sensations in September of 2007 and I remember meeting her in the early days of her new boutique. I could tell at that time that Soraya was really enjoying the interaction with the visitors to her shop.

Sorayablachere2
In her first life, Soraya is a film editor living in Venice Beach, California. What a great ocean location to find inspiration. We are almost neighbors as I live about forty-five minutes south of her. I am imagining that maybe our paths have actually crossed as I have walked the Venice boardwalk in these past months.

Her designs are fresh, elegant and sexy in some sophisticated way, reflecting the beauty of Southern California trendy females.

As you walk, wearing a Serene Sensations creation, the flow of the skirts is just incredible!
Soraya Blachere is wearing "Provocateur"

I asked Soraya if she had any advice for young designers. She replied: "So many little things in SL can make you successful. Mainly though, do what you like to do the most. Move pixels as many times as they need it to make it special and pleasing to your own eye." I also wanted to know if there was a place in SL that felt totally magical to her. Her answer came as no surprise: "For me, it's always more the combination of people around me, music, colors like the green of Starry Night (Vincent's Second Life) or Svarga ... or my own little beach."

Little know facts about Soraya Blachere:
1. "I love good looking girls wearing my creations"
2. "My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia"
3. "I just went earlier to Fred Siegel in Santa Monica... it was good for my eyes" (and she smiled)
Second Life residents, be prepared for many more sophisticated designs from Serene Sensations!

Snapshot01_008

I am wearing the "Romantic Adore Noir" style. The lace skirt comes with three different length styles. The delicate lace wraps this outfit and adorns the bust area. Stockings are also included.

No comments: