Designer: Raven Lament - Born 4/4/2004
Boutique: Ravenwear at Ravens Requiem (139, 84, 308)
"Second Life is being able to have freedom to express who you are and I am a supporter of that 100%!"
PF: When and why did you join SL?"Second Life is being able to have freedom to express who you are and I am a supporter of that 100%!"
RL: In April 2004. I was a beta tester for There, it was OK but I wanted something with some creative freedom so I was lucky enough to find SL.
PF: How long have you been designing in SL?
RL: Since I first joined :D
PF: What prompted you to start designing?
RL: I am an artist and photography real life and I love creativity.
PF: How would you describe your style?
RL: Well, I really go through Phases - I would consider myself punk, alternative, goth, with a bit of urban mixed in.
PF: When SL residents wear your clothes, how/what do you want them to feel?RL: Empowered....as I feel it is very important for you to use your clothing as an outside representation of all that is within. When you wear something I want it to make you feel strong like you are ready to face the world! Individuality is very important to me and it is why I find it so hard to categorize what I make. I really like eclectic fashion that expresses who you are. I love mixing styles that wouldn't usually go together to make something unique!
PF: Tell us about your latest designs?
RL: I have actually been on a bit of a different trend lately. I find myself making some more of the punk skater girl-ish clothing. My Skoolastic top with sculpt cuffs is one of my favorite tops. It is so versatile and can go with so many items to mix the look up! I am loving the bright spring time colors for a change of pace. You can add capris for a bit more of a classic look or add the camo cargo pants for a more skate punk look. Or even goth it up using the black top with the black capris and the skull accessories I have. But do not fear I will continue to make gothic sexy clothing as well :) PF: What advice would give an up and coming SL designer?
RL: To stay true to your inspirations and to try not to be discouraged easily. SL is a large community with alot of niches for all styles!
PF: What do you know now that you wish you had known when you started?
RL: How to use the templates a bit better and also how to make skins! Back when I first started the skins scared me... remember I started in 2004 ....so if I could have made these skins back then, my old sl pics would have been much prettier! PF: Please tell us one or two notes about you as a fashion designer you would like to share with the SL world
RL: I started the Fido Boutique in which other designers may make items for a real life charity called the K-9 New Life Center. K-9 rescues dogs of all breeds and places them in loving homes. I plan on doing more events to help raise funds for this cause. My dogs are all rescues and it is an issue very close to my heart. I do love different looks in second life I have a modeling group that we use for live modeling in the store as well as fashion shows. The models have a wide variety of different looks. I love having the neko and furries in the group as it is wonderful to see the fashions on a wide variety of people. Second Life is being able to have the freedom to express who you are and I am a supporter of the 100%.
PF: Where in the great RL universe are you living?
RL: Eastern US
Good luck Raven!



No comments:
Post a Comment