Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spotlight on Silk Dreams

The fashion house Silk Dreams was our featured MODA Fashion Spotlight event on Monday, April 7th.  I had a great time watching the MODA models walking the runway with those incredibly provocative outfits!  A few days later, I was able to meet Marisela Bouchard at her new boutique.  She showed me around the store and then we sat down for a nice chat.

Marisela Bouchard pic Marisela is wearing the Fleur style.

She describes it as her favorite outfit.  "I love the floral fabric and I think the dress, with the straps in front, is so sexy!"

Marisela was born in the Panama Canal Zone and currently lives in the USA. 
HD: Are you also an artistic soul in real life?
MB: I dabble in art in RL.  I like to paint using pastels.  In Second Life, I got into photography and did a couple of shows.  One was "Exotic Women of SL" and another was "Sexiest Men of SL."  I also do digital art.  I get paid to be a budget analyst for a state agency but, I fulfill my creativity here in SL.  Definitely, the most creative place on earth!  It's interesting that you asked me about art because I mostly think of myself as an artist, not really a fashion designer.

HD: I always want to know what makes a "soul" vibrate in SL.  Why did you decide to start designing clothes in SL?
MB: I've been wanting to create clothes ever since I first got here.  I didn't know Photoshop.  My partner Sinsaber has really been a tremendous help to me with Photoshop and I'm still learning every day, actually.

HD: I really like the textures on your clothing.  Can you tell me a little about this process?
MB: These are mostly fabrics I find online, mostly batiks actually.  I so love the designs and colors of batik.

HD: Would you describe your style of clothing as provocative or some other qualifier?
MB: I'd like to say that my style is elegantly casual and sensual.

HD:Where are you spending most of your creative energies lately?
MB: In Photoshop!  But, having a store in SL is really a ton of work that isn't so creative .... but it's worth it to be able to make clothes that women seem to like and buy.
HD: I could go bankrupt in your store! smiles*
MB: I do get a lot of compliments, which is nice.

HD: Any other styles of clothing you've never created but considering doing?
MB: Oh, definitely.  I want to create lingerie, maybe get into more formal/dressy gowns.  I'd love to try my hand at shoes, hair ... so many things to learn!  Not enough hours in the day though.
HD: I can feel your energy and your passion...

HD: Your designs really showed very well during the MODA Fashion Spotlight.  How did that make you feel?
MB: Oh, that was so great!  I was really excited, but also very nervous.  The MODA models were wonderful;  did such a fabulous job.
HD: Yes, they are real pros!
MB: They really are and everyone was incredibly friendly.  I had a great time.

HD: Any new designs coming soon?
MB: As a matter of fact, I just finished a new long dress that I will be presenting in the next few days.

HD: Can you recall the most memorable comment made by a visitor to your boutique?
MB: Hmm ... interesting question.  I did enjoy the comment from one customer who said she had won several bikini contests with my "teeny-tiny" bikini.

HD: Any comments you'd like to share with our readers?
MB: I want my outfits to be beautiful and sexy with a style that is unique, but the most important thing to me is to make quality clothes and to be a designer that's responsive to my customers.  I truly believe in great customer service!
HD: I really like your fashions, they are fresh looking. I would also like to thank you for meeting with me.

No comments: