Announcing the winner of the Second Avatar Mr. SL World 2007. May I have the envelope please? [Trumpet Fanfare . . . Drumroll . . . ] Wait, there seems to be something wrong. The web site is now announcing "SECOND LIFE's MOST DESIRABLE MALE MODELS for the year 2008." What happened to 2007?
Second Avatar management has not answered my inquiry, nor has it released the judging criteria for 2007. On top of that, their voting system allows multiple votes from the same user, turning the popularity contest into a space invaders type computer game, where the winner is the one who can click their mouse the fastest.
Sour grapes from a contest loser you ask? Maybe. But the fact is that no winners have been announced and all the 2007 contestants appear to have been automatically entered in the 2008 event. Well, at least I can take comfort in the fact that my picture didn't appear as runner up to some hunky real life porn star who is about to create his avatar in-world.
It's starting to look like Second Life fashion contests can be about as trustworthy as SL banks or stock exchanges. At this point I could self righteously call upon Linden Labs to clean up the fashion industry or I could just shrug my shoulders and go dancing with my MODA friends. Hey Circe! Who's playing tonight?
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Announcing Mr. SL World 2007 . . .
Posted by Licentious Maladay
Labels: contest, Licentious Maladay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Finally! Someone with balls enought to address this. I wondered myself why the list for the new Aspire models closely mirrored the list for the SL Miss Universe contest. A couple of the chosen were also in the car crash that was that 12Avatars contest, others are KNOWN good friends of the "organizer" of the SL Miss Universe contest. The "organizer" is a Aspire model himself which is a big conflict of interest in my opinion. These "contest" are NOT credible and mainly for the "organizers" and their select group of friends to showcase themselves. Why bother to hold a contest and disappoint innocent bystanders who actually thought they has a chance? Frankly I am sick of seeing the same old tired model names of average looking avatars (exception Cherie Parker and Mui Mukerji) time and time again. And no, I did not enter either one.
Amen, Anonymous!
I must say that the analysis or should I say "observation" on SecondAvatar is partial or half done!
This isnt a war, but I would like to clarify few things for which visit:
http://secondavatar.blogspot.com
Unlike some SL Banks that scam us, SecondAvatar has not taken a single L$ from any of the current 270+ contestants to enter SLMissWorld or SL MR World.
Since the SecondAvatar website is in its Beta, I am willing to accept some loop holes in the contest but false accusations without full fledge review / analysis are not acceptable.
Regards
MastDeal Hawks
MastDeal - if your contest is in "Beta", you need to say it all over the web site. The Mr. SL World "contest" was up for MONTHS.
If you read my review, I don't accuse you of taking money, but of being untrustworthy. I stand behind my review. You should not announce a contest (such as even the Mr. SL World 2008) before you have all of the judging criteria, deadlines and prizes firmed up.
Bravo anonymous!!! That's exactly my sentiments!!! Not only the Miss SL Universe....alot of avatars chosen earlier for the 12 most beautiful Avatars contest earlier by the same organiser for Miss SL Universe, alot are from a certain agency as well as friends. Honestly....those few names were always being seen in various competitions but honestly, some arent even as good as others and I often wondered what's the criteria they judge on. Alot of models in the Miss SL Universe are mostly close friends with each other.....reminds me of the saying, "Its all about who you know and all about PR". If that's the case, there are no longer any credibility for such contest.
I appreciate the incredible amount of work that goes into planning events like this, but all other things can fall by the wayside except one: a voting system that cannot be gamed.
Forget the fluff and polish, and please address the nuts and bolts first. There's no shortage of proper coders in a virtual world like SL.
seem some here has same opinion of many... I am sad to see and wish all could be different at a second life but sadly it isnt...
I didnt know what PR mean but what i see is the case anonymous said...is the case of who knows who...miss universe is a fraud...miss Spain isnt spanish...miss Brazil i doubt even know where Brazil is... wtf competion is that?? okay at least here i could see i am not the only one that think all that smells bad...
I fully agree with what you said "
miss Spain isnt spanish...miss Brazil i doubt even know where Brazil is... wtf competion is that??" I know that were not the only examples......many more countries represented. There's one contestant whose always a frequent competition contestant, obviously many knows where she was from and yet, turned out, she's representing a Europe country when she's not even from there, how ridiculous, just because they wanted some of their people to be in the competition and just select them to choose another country? How much do they know the countries they chose to represent on? This is Miss Universe, shouldnt it be more fair to really select people from where they really belongs to? Crap!
Post a Comment