Sunday, February 10, 2008

Meet Ding!

When I arrived at the Ding! Designs shop, I didn't really know what to expect and may I say what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be. I was greeted by Zen Paine the CEO of Ding! Designs. Zen also handles all of the marketing effort for this innovative enterprise. Within minutes, I was comfortably seated with Zen and introduced to the creative genius Rue Oh. Together Zen and Rue are a force to be reckoned with.

I was amazed by the versatility of their product line. From lovely hats, to incredible pieces of jewelry to scripted medieval staffs and one-of-a-kind custom statues and sculptures. The MODA Fashion Showcase featured Ding!'s jewelry and hats.

Zen and Rue started their business bases on the premise that so many ugly products existed in SL and they would create high quality items that actually would be appealing to certain market segments of SL. Their first product was a scripted medieval staff which was received with acclaim by the medieval villagers. Over 24 color combinations are now available. There was no stopping the Ding! Designs business.

RoseSign

Rue decided to dabble in jewelry creations and has achieved pieces quite unique in this business segment. She has designed some all sculptie prim necklaces using micro-prims. Every single link of the chains was hand-placed. Some of the most popular designs are the rose (as shown in the picture), the bird pendant, the dragon pendant and the chained heart pendant.

During my visit, I was given a tour of their second floor working area where Rue showed me her most prized creation, not yet unveiled to the general public. I don't think that I can do justice to this work-in-progress. It is referred to as an earth model for now with different layers (some rotating) for the cloud map, land and water masses.

Some of Rue's artwork will never even make it to the display shelves of Ding! as unique creations are commissioned by private buyers for their estates or groups. Should you have a very special idea that you would like to see created to give to that special someone, please visit Ding! Designs and they will turn your dream into reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ding! is the BEST jewelry I have seen in SL. Rue Oh is a sculpty QUEEN! The chained Heart necklace is PERFECT! More realistic than I have ever seen.

Oh, and the Bird necklace is HOT too :)