Saturday, February 23, 2008

Silent Sparrow - Pica

Snapshot_032 copy


The more time I spend in SL the more I am learning to appreciate the artistry of SL clothes designers. One designer/artist whose creations I have admired but never fully appreciated until now is Hyasynth Tiramisu of Silent Sparrow.

Late last year I had the pleasure of modeling one of Hyasynth's creations at a charity auction. The outfit I had the fortune to model is called Pica (shown left). Not only would I get the chance to wear a stunning outfit by a favorite designer, I would be doing so for a good cause.

Pica Magpie is a stunning mix of blue/greens, patterns and textures. What's also amazing about Pica is that its several outfits all in one. There are alternate patterns of the belt gloves and corset.

The outfit also comes with seriously sturdy wings (see below), tight-fitting bloomers and even has its own goth skin by TaP (now Fleur Skins).

Several other attachments such as a collar and jabot, lace cuffs and shoulder puffs are also included. Each item on close inspection reveals incredibly detail. In the photo to the left, I have tried to capture the layers of textured goodness that make up the skirt.

This outfit will be in my "Specials" folder (if I ever get round to organizing my inventory) and I consider it one of my prized items. There can't be many serious SL fashion enthusiasts who do not own a Silent Sparrow work of art.




Credits: Outfit: Pica Magpie by Silent Sparrow; Hair: Davina II by ETD; Skin: Celebrity in Cinnamon by Chai Skins; Eyes: No.3 Eyes 04Green Dark by Little Bird; Poses by LAP.

Snapshot_022 copy

2 comments:

hyasynth tiramisu said...

Thank you for the lovely compliments! The Fleur skin was actually in your set *smiles* because I'm a bit of a nut about skins fitting my ideal look for something when they are modeled. So it's available *grins* at Roslin's shop but not in the set. And likely was part of the charity auction set. As Cj and Roslin are awesome about helping me pull together more interesting "collections" of items for charity things. ~hya

Pearl Flute said...

Hyasynth, thank you for pointing that out:D

For those interested the skin included in the auction set was TaP (Fleur Skins) Vivant Gothique Corbeau 2

Pearl :)