As a very special treat, and in conjunction with the MODA Fashion Spotlight for Eros Designs, the models will be wearing luxurious jewelry pieces designed by Alexandar Vargas and Hunter Tempura of By Alexander. I had the honor of being invited to the fitting session held prior to the show and therefore had a sneak peek at these incredible designs. It was just as if they had been custom-made to enhance the beauty of the models and the fashions of Eros Designs. Alexandar commented: "Keth has been an inspiration, her gowns have been a constant reminder of elegance to me. Hunter has been a wonderful teacher, and support. Without either I'd be lost." Alex and Hunter have been soulmates since December 9th, 2006.
Alexandar with his incredible imagination and skills manipulates objects until they match what he envisions in his mind. Working with small prims is a very difficult process. After the basic links are created, his focus switches to the elegant styling of the creation. Hunter also brings her original concepts to the working table. They complement each other and push each other to achieve perfection. A single design can take as much as three to five days to create and styles such as "Elegance" and "Kiss of Glamour" were completed in a week. Alexandar strives for perfection, "I feel if someone is buying my jewelry that it should be well worth it."
HD: Alex, where does the inspiration come from?
AV: Gwen Carillon, an artist her in Second Life, of course Keth whom I've know forever (since I began SL) and, all my lovely lady friends.
HD: So this is all from imagination?
AV: Yes, except one piece "Elegance", it is an actual set my wife has. Of course SL doesn't permit for the full effect of the jewelry, because of prims.
HD: Can you tell me one aspect of yourselves that the SL community doesn't already know?
AV: I like constant change, so as far as my designing goes, nothing will stay in my store forever. I will remove pieces and replace. It's how I am. I like fresh new things. I love new ideas. And, I'm a perfectionist. Oh, I listen to music ... I listen to loud rock such as Nine Inch Nails. Tempura likes quiet, we fight over stream!
HD: Tempura and Alex, who are your favorite designers after Keth Mommsen?
TH: I love Victoria's gowns as well as Rebel Hope.
AV: For formals, Keth of course .... casuals from Truth, Savvy Avvy and Armidi, but I really don't have a favorite.
| Elegance in Gold | Ocean Pearl Collection Sophisticated Glamour |
You must visit in person the jewelry boutique By Alexander, as my photography skills cannot do justice to these wonderful pieces of jewelry.
1 comment:
What a nice blog on this site i appericiate the good work .
I wish you can visit us also for
wedding jewelry, mens jewelry, pearl jewelry, amethyst jewelry, cheap jewelry at my site, http://www.szul.com
Post a Comment